Saturday, May 1, 2010

You know what…

I have had this blog for a long time and haven’t typed in here for a long time.

Ya like ages.

So I thought to myself.. and I quote J“ why do I have a blog when I am not going to update it”. Hmmm so I thought let me update my blog every now and then from now on.

Some days back I saw this program on BBC iplayer called ‘Bang Goes the Theory’.. it was the first episode I saw of it and kind of liked it. In this particular episode they were talking about how to improve your memory or brain power. They also talked about are those memory enhancing games you get these days… if they are effective or not?

Over all the summary of the program is as follows:

You might be disappointed to know.. or might be you, might not be disappointed (how the hell am I supposed to know??) any way..

Memory enhancing games do not enhance your memory.. they may make you smarter at solving puzzles or doing crossword they surely do not make you any smarter.. now as it is : practice makes perfect.

Ya like Einstein invented E=MC^2 by playing games.

And playing games is going to make you remember your girl friend’s birthday.. but forgetting it once surely will…

Ya old joke

But sill rocks

Now coming to the point: listening to music and exercising before you do some brain cracking work will make you smarter.. that’s what they said.. yes and do not listen to music while working on something it distracts. Hmmm but I guess not everyone is distracted that way… whatever suits you man.

Ya like exercising and listing to music before you solve those memory enhancing games that will make you smarter…. What’s the point.

I have been thinking of getting smarter myself.. by listening to music while exercising … but most of the time I end up only listening to music.

I don’t know how long I am going to keep doing this.. but I hope to start now..

Ya as if anyone is going to read it or you could try getting a job.

Cheers,

Nd Ninad

No comments: