Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Forgotten Truth


Hindu’s holy book Bhagvat Geeta which literally translates to ‘the word of God’, is a book of Hymns which speaks of philosophy of life. It is a story on a battle field telling what is the right thing to do and how we should be accepting life as it is. Whenever I feel low and whenever I worry about what to do I read the below summary of the book. I have translated it here in English; it always brings my sprit up, because it is not about religion here but a philosophy, a truth which we always forget. Hope it does some good to you.


That what happened, happened for good,

What is happening is happening for good.

What will come your way, will come only for the best.


What have you lost, for which you weep?

What have you brought with you, that which you have lost?

What have you created that which has been destroyed?


That what you took, you took from here;

That what you gave, you gave it here;

That what is yours today, wasn’t yours yesterday;

Tomorrow it would not be yours to keep.


You were born with nothing and you shall die with nothing.

Change is the only truth of life.

Bhagvat Geeta.

Cheers,

Ninad Dighe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But if all this were true, what are we living for? Are we just carriers, and if yes, what about are feelings and emotions and desires? Don't they mean anything?

Unknown said...

Amruta exactly those are the questions that come to my mind. I have been reading a lot of philosophy lately and the only thing that worries me is, the more I try to find what life is the more I am lost. In the end as the summary says nothing ever matters.

Your questions are such which can not be answered or are the question where everyone is trying to find an answer.