Sunday, February 24, 2008

How to win a girlfriend?

Girls don’t understand how difficult it is for guys to get one to love them. Its easier to jump into a lions den then to propose, trust me its not easy. I was discussing this topic with some girls and got some insight into their psychic or mind. This article is more about how to approach a girl, more than how to win her over, wining a girls heart is personal. I can’t teach you that, if you don’t have what a girl wants in you, you will never be able to impress her. This blog will help you in some way I guess.

There are 2 common ways in which guys approach a girl. Firstly if you like a girl, you cant directly go to the girl and ask her out, considering the Indian culture were girls are still reserved about moving out with guys this technique probably wont work. You might loose any future chances with the girl, first impression is the last impression. I don’t say this is a bad way of doing things, nevertheless it works, sometimes. If the girl is open minded and… hmmm you fill that with whatever you want. For many guys approaching a girl they don’t know, is a big task. They have to think ten time before starting a conversation. What should I say that’s smart enough for the girl to respond? What will be her reply? Will she make fun of me in front of her friends? Does she have a boyfriend already? Might be is stronger than me(he he he)? If she makes some nasty comments I would be ridiculed in front of everyone. Those are some of the thoughts that go through the mind of a guy normally. Girls don’t like this approach they probably think the guy is a flirt and just wants some good time.

The other way is to become friend of the girl. Let her know you well and start spending time with her, then share thoughts with her and become good friends. Now the world thinks you both are going out but you know its not that way. After a few months you collect the courage of asking her the ultimate question. With all the thoughts in your mind, if she reject you, your friendship might end? All that kept aside you manage the courage to ask her and she replies
“I thought we were just good friend and I never thought about you that way.” And you would be saying why the hell don’t you thing about me that way now. Many of you might have gone through this situation if you ever tried this approach. I read an interesting mail the other day which explains this scenario, it goes something this way:
When a girl says I thought we where just good friends it’s like, you go for an interview and after the interview the interviewer say
‘You are the best suited guy for this position, your resume is ideal however we won’t hire you for this position. We might hire an drunkard idiot but not you, we will use your resume as a model to compare other resumes but we won’t hire you. However we will, time to time keep calling you to tell you how bad the guy we hired is.’
The point is this approach of making the girl your good friend and then proposing never works. Some it does but it’s a big risk trying this way.

What way do we approach a girl if the most common ways don’t always work? I had been discussing this with a friend of mine whose a girl and not my girlfriend. To cut a long story short, she said if you like someone you should make it clear before you start a friendship with her. That way you wont have to loose a friend just because she thinks you are nothing more than her best friend. The big question here is how do you do that? If I tell you how to do that you are just stealing ideas, I personally don’t have many and I don’t want you ruining my chance of finding a girlfriend by blowing my cover.

I was reading a book on body language and its mentioned there on how to find if a girl is interested in you? There are many examples stated there, one in particular I would like to mention here. Many girls check out guys, you might, while walking down a street find many girls giving a brief glance at you, that’s good for many at-least someone’s checking you out. But the book says if a girl stares at you for more than 3 seconds than you could be rest assured she is interested in you. Eyes are the most important organs in finding the right girlfriend and starting a romantic relationship. Hmm love at first sight, it does not mean blind people don’t fall in love, their world is a bit different. Some scientists say that the way you smell might just get you a date (I have a whole blog on this if you are interested in reading).

I have met many beautiful girls but I would never try to impress them as they keep proving my theory of beauty and brains don’t go together. The good news for girls is that the sex ratio in India is low* it means you have lot of choice. So don’t be dishearten when you leave your guy or are ditched by one, there are so many out there that it wont take long for you to find a new one. Guys there is so much competition out there if you shy you will remain behind and somebody else will take the chance.

Guys, have you given a thought that those with girlfriend always end-up getting new ones once they breakup and you don’t? Its just because you technique is wrong or your attitude is not right. Girls wont eat you up if you ask her out but you never know which one might turn out the girl of your dream. (Girls if you want a date I am single.)

Happy hunting. J

P.S: this article is not about finding a sexual partner its about finding love.

*That’s actually bad news for the country and girls but my point here is different.

15 comments:

Shamim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shamim said...

Dear Ninad,
I guess my blog will help you approaching a girl.I tried, could not move poor creatures heart.You give it a try.

Without going into all the details of science, here are the generally excepted “best strategies” that men can use to approach their partner.

Assume that, you are a little distance away from her, across the room/hotel etc.

Make eye contact: Maintain steady eye contact with her and hold it just a little bit too long.

Smile at her: Make sure your smile is friendly and respectful, not a dirty grin or a smirk.

Give her a nod: If she returns your gaze “within 45 seconds”, give her a nod. The nod reads, "I like you. May I talk to you?"

Move within her range: The final step is to move close enough to her to talk. Do this last step fast. If you do not, you will look very un-confident to her.

You might be wondering what that whole 45 seconds thing was about. You see, when you look at her and hold your eye contact for a few extra seconds, be prepared for her to look away. A woman has been trained to lower her eyes when a man looks at her. Remember: This does not mean she is not interested.

Research and analysis tells us, after looking away, if the woman looks up again within 45 seconds, she welcomes your attention. So, if she pretends to look at something else and looks back at you within 45 seconds, she likes you. Go to the next step. Give her a nod and move within her talking range.

Now the question is, what do you say when you approach her? Do you use a “pickup line” Something like, “Is your father a terrorist? Because you a bomb!”

NO! NO! NO! Do not do this. Pick up lines are just jokes. They are not supposed to be used actually. They will never work!

Your opening words should relate to the woman or the current situation. Ask her what time it is. Compliment her watch or her outfit. Ask her for directions. Inquire how she knows the host or hostess of the party. Whatever you say, she knows it's just an excuse for you to talk to her. If she likes you, that's fine with her.

So be confident and just say something simple. We will come to the art of conversation a little later…

Anonymous said...

My dear frnd Ninad read ur stuff, hopin 2 find an innovative way... but was disapointd...neways feel its nt th way u approach,,th approach may b right but its all upon th womens "mind" n th way she "think"..n btw decoding it is close 2 impossible :).

Let me tell you a story mate,thr was this guy walking along the beach in San Diego suddenly he finds a very
old rusted oil lamp in the sand. He picks it up and rubs it and out puffs a genie from a cloud of smoke.
The genie says, "Mate make 1 wish n ill grant it 2 u"

So guy thinks hard for a minute and says, "You know, I always wanted to go to
Hawaii but I'm afraid of boats n cant afford a trip by air and so I could never go.
So If you could build me a bridge from San Diego to Hawaii I could drive my car
across it anytime I wanted to.
That's my wish...a bridge from here to Hawaii."

The genie says, "A BRIDGE FROM HERE TO HAWAII!!! Are you crazy!!!!
Do you know how many pilings I would have to drive, how deep they would have
to go into the ocean floor...And think of all the steel n metal that it would take to build a bridge
hundreds and hundreds of miles long.N these days concrete n cement is become so costly..
No, I'm sorry but I'm too tired to do all that. You'll have to make a different wish mate."

The guy thinks again and says, "Ok.
I've always wanted to understand women.What thy think. What makes them the way they are? Why do they suddenly go from
being happy to being blue? What makes them cry? Why do they get mad at me when I didn't do anything wrong? That's my wish...I want to understand
what makes women tick."

The genie sighs, rolls its eyes and says,
"Ehhhhhhhh Now, how about that bridge u wer talkin abt. So Do you want two lanes or four?" :)

So all i say is mate stop huntin lik a desperado...ull get th 1 datz ment 4 u...
Adeusss Amigo...

Unknown said...

Ok Shamim thank you for your comment.
Nice article you got there, try it out and tell me if it works for you.

Unknown said...

Mr. Anonymous,

You got me all wrong. The blog is all about a discussion about finding a girlfriend. I am not mentioned anywhere how to get a girl for yourself or I want one for myself. Its more of a conclusion of a discussion.

We cant generalize what women want its next to impossible, each person is different and everyone has different desires a common technique wont work for all. I am not asking anything in the blog but telling, so fail to understand why you think the way you think

Anonymous said...

Dear Ninad,
Dont follow wotever shamims gotto say..u prbly will land up being as single as he is today :) ...For more insights on patofying gals..u can contact..the all known ...the ever knowledgeable..Ambika..
:)
cya..
Ambika.

Shamim said...

Hi Guys,
No more fighting over girlfriends.Different Gentlemen have different problem facing Different gentlewomen.Rather ask Ambika ma'am for a classroom Session of an hour or 2.Happy hunting..

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

"I can’t teach you that, if you don’t have what a girl wants in you, you will never be able to impress her."
That is so bitter but I have faced it myself :(

“I thought we were just good friend and I never thought about you that way.”
Please, please read this

Tribute to the Nice Guys


Life is so unfair.

"I have met many beautiful girls but I would never try to impress them as they keep proving my theory of beauty and brains don’t go together."
Dude, we really do think alike :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ninad,

I read your article and it was very good to the point. Infact I enjoyed the way you specified the tactics of proposing to a girl which is the most difficult task for boys.

You have explained the part of frndship based on the truth. Inspite of having broken heart at the later stage the point is made clear b4 the frnship is started. Thats simply great as I strongly believe that HONESTY is the best policy and every relationship shld start from frndship.

Well if things dont work out than its definetely written in your fate and you cannot stop living just becoz of one breakoff.

Guys get up its life and you ought to live watever happens. as Raj Kapoor said "Jeena yahan Marna Yaha Iske Siwah Jana Kaha"..

So buddy live life king size and enjoy..

Regards
Anamika

Anonymous said...

Hello Ninad,

The point you want to make in your blog is, if you love a girl, dont start being friends... but to make it well clear that you love her.. and that you dont intend friendship... Well Taken...

My Feedback:

1. You say it was a conclusion based on a discussion with your friend who is a girl and not your girlfriend. You can not jump to conclusion about judging girls just by discussing it with one girl.. If you have discussed with several girls and got similar responses... Then you have a point.

2. Throughout the blog, i get a feeling that you are making an assumptions that boy falls in love with the girl just by looking at her... and wants to approach her. But 7 out of 10 times, people end up falling in love over a sizeable period of knowing each other as friends... or just by knowing each other... People just dont fall in love overnight, and just decide one find day that they want to tell they love the girl...

Take a thought from your own phrase... "Love at first sight doesnt mean blind people dont fall in love...".

3. The packaging of the blog has gone wrong. You have called it "How to win a girlfriend?". And by the time the reader has read the blog this is what he feels:
You have shown a shiny, golden and attractive case, and you say that this case has diamonds in it. And you are going to tell how to open it. All the needy and the greedy assemble and become you audience... and then you say... "You have to put the key in the hole that is present in the bottom box... But I dont have the key.. It's for you to find out the key..."

Ninad, the blog was certainly a good read, and you have done a splendid job with the writing. But being a blogger myself, I know that bloggers like you and me always welcome healthy criticism, because it helps us to be better next time... I hope you have taken mine in the right spirit..

Keep writing Mr. Ninad... Hoping to see more posts from you... All the best....

Regards,
A Blogger Like you ;)

Unknown said...

Hi @A Blogger Like you ;),

Thanks for your comments.. i appreciate what you have written... all points well taken..
In an movie.. i dont remember the name.. there is a diagloug.... "a boy and a girl cant be good friends.. love always comes in between.."
I know the title and the blog are different.. i have done so purposely..

They are just thought.. i have mentioned discussion with one girl.. however.. it base on discussion with many..

Each person is different.. and every ones needs are different.. we might not be able to please everyone all the time.. everyone has their own way.. Love is a different issue..

You mentioned you are a blogger.. i would appreciate (if you read this agin).. if you gave me your blog to read.. i would like reading good stuff..

Cheers,
Ninad.

Unknown said...

Hi Anamika,

Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous said...

look up pick up arts