Monday, February 18, 2008

When your date forgets your date…



Its one of those days when you feel sorry for your friend and the friend feel, if the dinosaurs were still alive they could eat him up and he won’t show the least resistance to our extinct friends. But your day is so bad that even the hungriest of the dinosaurs won’t eat you just because today they feel like eating something else. Like pizza instead of a normal lunch.

My friend got up early morning on a Sunday. “Morning on a Sunday”, when is the last Sunday morning did I see, forget it I don’t remember. He was cursing the government, yup, I have yet to come across a person blessing those people who run the government. Every day we have ‘load shedding’ in this part of the world, the word might not figure in the dictionary of the people in the developed country but it is a very common occurrence in the developing countries. It means cutting power to the sub-urban and villages so that the city get enough power. That’s not just it we have water cuts too that to every weekends. Water come only in the morning and at night. Coming back to my friend, he got up early in the morning so that he could have a bath before the taps run dry. As the currents were out he had to take a cold water bath early in the morning I say 9:30 am is early if you consider the day to be a Sunday. I was awake by then.

Our hero takes a long time to get ready, trust me girls would get ready earlier than my friend. At about 11 o’ clock after empting half the bottle of his favorite fragrance, (or for the optimist making the bottle half full) getting into his best attire sat next to me and called her. He was all set for a lunch date. But he was in for a shock when she told me, she had forgotten about the date and it’s not possible that she would be able to come as she has put on a face pack and something on her hair (what ever the girls put on their hair).

Uska bada popat ho gaya. Next time confirm your date dude.

No comments: